Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Water Visions

An interesting fact has recently registered in my consciousness. Almost all my dreams, visual meditations, and visions have water as an element. I can only remember one dream that did not have water as an element.
It is not always the same vision of water, though some of the water settings do repeat. But water is there and oddly enough it is a reassuring aspect of these ventures.
Water may contribute to the story or it may simply be a backdrop. It is always in a natural setting, never in a container built by man. It may be placid, slow moving, rushing or tempest. It might even be mysterious, but never dangerous. Whatever the circumstances, it is there and somehow reassuring.
They say that water represents spirituality. I can see that possibility in some instances. But sometimes it seems expectant; as if it is waiting for something to happen. At other times it seems to leech negative emotions from my psyche and replace them with a soothing balm.
It is usually the first thing I notice. Do I unconsciously look for it and insert it if it’s not there?.. I have no answer.
In some cases water is not a constant throughout the sequence. It may start out being part of the sequence, but at some point I move away from it. I may return to it before the sequence is over, but I may not.
Does this have some meaning or is it my conscious mind looking for meaning where there is none? I am not a big fan of coincidence. I have often found that when something repeats there is something to look at, something I am supposed to see. It may take some time and require facing something that I’d prefer not to face, but I can usually make sense out of the repetition. I have not been able to with all this water.
So I wonder…Is this nothing more than a constant reminder that this is the water planet and that I am mostly water and all living things have water as a component of their existence and that bonds us all in, not only a cosmic way but, a literal way? The saying goes: “from dust to dust”, but that is not strictly true with humans and with many other creatures and plants. Humans are conceived in a very moist environment. When we transition, if left to its own devices our body’s moisture will return to the earth, then all that will be left of us is a small pile of dust. In between we need water to survive and cannot survive or thrive without it.
Or is it possible that this is some kind of psychic plea for help? Humans are sickening many of the waters of the world, destroying habitats and making waters unsafe to drink or even step in. We have piles of garbage floating in the oceans. Pesticides are poisoning our groundwater. All of this affects not only humans but all other creatures and plant life. Am I being shown what our waters could, should be like? Are we beginning to cross some fatal boundary from which we cannot recover? The water that I see in my dreams, visions and meditations is good. There are vibrant growing plants and living animals in and around it. Am I being shown what could be again or what is forever gone?
Is there a message? Is it spiritual or literal or both? I don’t know. But I wonder…






No comments:

Post a Comment